Please note that all referrals to Regeneration Community Services must be submitted through the AccessPoint. The form can be accessed either online (http://theaccesspoint.ca/) or by downloading the hard copy.
Subsidized Housing Program
There are multiple subsidized housing units scattered throughout the city. The program provides furnished 1 bedroom or bachelor apartments to members. Upon entering the program, case management services may be provided as a means of support.
RCS’s partnership with Mainstay Housing includes shared accommodations and independent apartment unit options scattered throughout the city.
Details for admissions requirements are available on The Access Point website (www.theaccesspoint.ca) or by calling (416) 640-1934.
Temple consists of two low-rise apartment buildings in a residential setting. The buildings provide 16 furnished one bedroom apartments with an on-site community space that is available for members to engage in community events and activities. Case management is offered on-site and in the community. The emphasis of the program is recovery-based and encourages clients to be self-reliant and self-sufficient. It should be noted that there are four dedicated units for the Mood and Anxiety Inpatient Unity (MAUI) program at CAMH.
- Case management and support services;
- One-to-one counselling supports;
- Assistance with daily living skills;
- Planned activities and events within the facility as well as within the community;
- Supports members with their goals and values – this may include education, social relationships, employment, volunteer work, and/or health related issues;
- Connects members to resources through referrals and/or community engagement;
- Ensures that all member supports (friends, family, or agencies) are included in the ongoing care and services as well as in the evaluation of member service plans and goals; and
- Peer support run life skills groups.
The Step-Up program offers subsidized independent units with on-site support services to clients living in high-support housing and long-term patients from CAMH. Tenants are offered one bedroom or bachelor units in a private market building. An on-site community space is available for members to engage in community events. The program is recovery-based and encourages clients to be self-reliant and self-sufficient.
Step-Up residents have access to the following services:
- Case management and support services (through RCS and CAMH);
- Residential support program;
- Peer support program; and
- Clinical mental health services provided by CAMH, as needed.
Admission to Step-Up:
Adults who currently live in high support housing programs in a number of partner community mental health agencies in Toronto (Regeneration Community Services, Good Shepherd, LOFT, COTA, Pilot Place, Margaret Frazer House, Madison Community Services, and House of Compassion) are eligible to live at Step-up.